The GroKool platform is designed to create an ecosystem for social learning, coaching, volunteering, teaming, venue hosting, and advertising opportunities comprising of tweens and teens, parents / guardians, young adults, empty nesters, seniors, professional coaches and tutors, corporations, after-school activity centers, toys, hobby and DIY manufacturers and retailers, community centers, parks & recreation departments, and school districts.
We do not review or edit the Activities for legal issues, and we are not in a position to determine the legality of Activity content. However, it is important to us that Coaches, Learners, and Parents / Guardians posting Activities on GroKool respect the intellectual property of others. When You post Activities on our marketplace, Youmake the promise that You have the necessary authorization or rights to use all the content contained in Your Activity participation.
Infringing activity is not tolerated on or through our platform.
This policy addresses what we do in the event of copyright infringement reports from content owners and trademark infringement claims from trademark owners with respect to the Activities on the GroKool platform. The policy also addresses what we do when GroKoolCoache's, Learner's and Parent's / Guardian's Activities are copied on third-party platforms without their consent.
GroKool's policy is to remove Activities from our service when they are reported as infringing in a copyright infringement notice received from the owner of the original content. It is also our policy to remove all Activitiesor Participation in Activities from any Coach, Learner, Parents / Guardians who are determined to be a repeat infringer (for whom GroKool has received more than two valid takedown notices). We reserve the right to terminate a Coach's, Learner's, Parent's / Guardian's account at any time, including when they post content in violation of the copyrights of others.
If you would like to report anActivity on the GroKoolplatform and if you are the owner or the designated agent of the owner of the rights to the content that you believe the Activity is infringing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you submit a copyright infringement report, please remember these important things:
1. We cannot process a copyright claim that is not submitted by the owner of the copyright or its designated agent. This is because we have no way of knowing whether the Coach, Learner, or Parent / Guardian who published the Activity you are reporting has received proper permission from the owner to use the content. We will ask you to provide further information and an electronic signature to confirm that you are the copyright owner or have authority to represent the copyright owner (including if the copyright owner is an organization).
2. Your copyright claim has to be sufficiently substantiated for us be able to address it. This means:
3. Knowingly submitting a false or misleading claim of infringement is illegal and you could be held liable and have to pay damages as a result. GroKool reserves the right to seek damages from anyone who submits a notification of claimed infringement in violation of the law.
4. There are types of content that are not protected by copyright. Copyright law doesn't cover short phrases (like business names, book titles, and slogans), intangible concepts (like processes, ideas, and recipes), or facts. Before you submit a copyright claim, make sure that the content copied in the Activity is indeed protected by copyright. If you need to report a trademark violation, please email email@example.com.
5. Consider whether the use of your material in the Activity is “fair use”. Copyright law includes a “fair use” exception for certain uses of copyrighted content that are considered to be in the public interest. Fair use covers things like criticism, commentary, news reporting, and research. In considering whether anActivity's use of your material qualifies as fair use, you should look at:
Before you submit a copyright claim, make sure that use of the content copied in the Activity does not qualify as fair use.
If we receive a valid copyright violation report, we will send a copy of that report to the Coach, Learner or Parent / Guardian who posted the reported Activity along with a notification that 1) the Activity was reported for copyright infringement and 2) we are removing the Activityor specific contents from the GroKoolplatform. We will also ask that the Coach, Learner or Parent / Guardian send back to us to submit a counter-notification. If your Activity has been reported for copyright infringement and removed from the GroKoolplatform, and if you believe we made a mistake or that you have permission from the owner of the reported content to use such content in your Activity, then you may send us a counter-notification.
The best way to provide us with a counter-notification is to email firstname.lastname@example.org. To be effective, a counter notification must be in writing and include the following information:
Knowingly submitting a false or misleading counter-notification to a claim of infringement is illegal and you could be held liable and have to pay damages as a result.GroKool reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a counter-notification of claimed infringement or counter notification in violation of the law.
We understand that when you post and make available your Activities on the GroKoolplatform, you want to make sure that you will not find your Activitiesand related content offered on another platform without your permission.
In the event you find your Activity available on another platform without your permission, please email us at email@example.com. Please keep in mind that since GroKool don't control the content on other sites, we may not always be successful, especially if your content is on a site outside of the US or EU. Certain countries take different approaches to copyright law; as such, we cannot guarantee the infringing party or hosting site will comply with our notices and remove the infringing content from their platform.
GroKool's policy is to remove Activities from our service when they are reported as infringing a third-party trademark. We also reserve the right to terminate a Coach's, Learner's and Parent's / Guardian's account at any time, including when they post content in violation of the trademark rights of others.
The fastest and easiest way to submit a report of trademark infringement to us is to send a notice to the Designated Agent containing the information identified below. Please note that a copy of your notice will be sent to the party who posted the content you are reporting. Before you submit a trademark infringement report, please remember these important things:
1. Your trademark claim has to be sufficiently substantiated for us be able to address it. This means your communication must include substantially the following:
2. Submitting a false or misleading claim of infringement could result in liability for you. GroKool reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a false or misleading notification of claimed trademark infringement.
3. Consider whether the use of your trademark in the Activity is “nominative fair use“. Trademark law protects the use of a name or brand for selling products and services, with the goal of preventing consumer confusion. Most countrie's laws include an exception for “fair use”, which allows others to use a trademark for factually referencing the trademarked product or service, or commenting on or criticizing the mark. Consider the likelihood that others would be confused into thinking that your company or brand had created or is sponsoring the Activity. Before you submit a trademark claim, make sure that use of your trademark in the Activity does not qualify as fair use.
GroKool's Designated Agent for notices of reported infringement can be contacted in the following manner: